How to promote your event
We need you to help us spread the word about RNIB Read and by hitting the headlines you can help you raise more vitally needed funds for blind and partially sighted people in the UK.
Consider what would be the best ways you could promote your RNIB Read event and reach people. Options could include using social media or contacting your local paper or radio station. Try to create a buzz around what you are doing!
We can provide materials such as t-shirts, posters and balloons to make sure that everyone knows you are raising money for RNIB Read. Contact us on 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your message out
- Add your event to our event listings.
- Tell all your friends!
- Carry your sponsor form or online giving address with you everywhere. You never know who might sponsor you.
- Send out our suggested tweet “Just 7% of books are fully accessible for blind & partially sighted people – help change the story #ReadForRNIB” or create your own tweet.
- Put posters up wherever you can – at work, school, in your local shops, community centres or libraries.
- Post pictures on Facebook – start with a picture of your event poster.
- Create a Facebook event and invite all your friends.
- Share the link to www.readforrnib.org.uk on your Facebook and Twitter. Make sure you add #ReadForRNIB in any tweet.
- Send us RNIB Read stories and photos – we’d love to inspire others with your story. Post them on the Read for RNIB Facebook page, fill out our share your story form, email us at email@example.com or ring 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
How to write an effective press release
Register for RNIB Read today to download exclusive free content such as how to write an effective press release.