What your money can do
It is good to have a target to aim for so take a look at what your fundraising could achieve for blind and partially sighted people below.
Our commitment to ensuring your donation makes an impact means that 87p in every £1 you raise will go directly to our services.
Even the smallest amounts raised can make a real difference and change someone’s story by opening a world of reading to them.
- £5 can help us to answer a call to our Helpline from someone who has just found out they are losing their sight.
- £10 can help a parent to cook for their children, through our range of giant print cookery books.
- £15 helps to pay for calls to our Helpline , a source of vital information for people with sight loss.
- £50 pays for a birthday book, so we can send every child their favourite book in the format they want.
- £50 can help give talking books for a whole year to a blind reader.
- £100 can pay for the recording of a talking newspaper.
- £125 can help prepare parents to teach braille to their children.
- £250 can help someone participate in RNIB’s Telephone Book Clubs from the comfort of their own home.
- £500 can help us create a children’s book in braille or giant print.
- £2,500 can help us record a new talking book for our library to keep readers up to date with the latest titles.