There are many ways to fundraise at work for Read for RNIB and you will often find people who you never knew had a connection to the cause. With someone being diagnosed with sight problems every 15 minutes, the likelihood is that many of your colleagues will have friends or family members who are blind or partially sighted.
Why not show your support and register for a fundraising pack.
The possibilities are endless when fundraising for Read for RNIB at work. Why not recruit a few colleagues to help you put on several events.
- Hold a Mad Hatter's sensory tea party
- Extreme reading competition
- Book group challenge
- Hold a book sale / swap (with Book Events)
- Literature pub quiz
- Karaoke night
- Come as a character day
- Literary lunch.
Hold a book sale with Book Events
- Work for a company with more than 300 people?
- Want to fundraise for Read for RNIB Day, but don’t have a lot of time?
- Want the chance to buy fantastic new books at up to 75 per cent off the RRP?
Why not find out about holding a book sale with our official partner, Book Events (the corporate division of The Book People), and help us to raise £10,000 to make four new talking books. The sales are:
- Completely managed and run by Book Events with no work for you. All you have to do is agree a date and they do the rest!
- An easy way to involve your colleagues and raise money for us, as 10 per cent of all sales go to Read for RNIB Day.
To find out more, register your interest in a Book Event. We will contact you and answer any questions you may have about holding a sale.
Other ways to boost your fundraising for Read for RNIB include matched giving.
Many companies offer matched funding as part of their corporate social responsibility policy. This means that they will match whatever amount you fundraise pound for pound (often up to a restricted amount). Be sure to speak to your company to see if this is an option. If you have been fortunate enough to get matched funding from a company or your employer, please do let us know at email@example.com with as much detail as possible.
Become a corporate partner
Another option is to consider becoming a corporate partner of Read for RNIB. There are many benefits to a company.
For more inspiration take a look at the many ways our current corporate partners are involved with Read for RNIB.
Register your work today to receive your free fundraising pack with loads of ideas and top tips.
Still need more ideas?
Once you have registered your work don't forget to check out our A to Z of fundraising ideas to see even more ways you could make your Read for RNIB Day reading related event even bigger.